Monday, February 18, 2013

Railing It Up

Wow, I can’t believe we are already setting up a crib! Of course I had to document Joey putting together the new bed for our baby. Even if he pretends to be camera shy, I know he secretly loves his candid photo opsJ
 
 
We went with the Davinci Jenny Lind Crib in white from Target. Honestly, I was a bit worried about the quality because the price was so affordable (under $200!), but so far I am really loving it. I have seen this exact same crib at specialty stores for more than double that price and its made by the same manufacturer and looks identical. So I am baffled as to why someone would pay the extra cost for it, but not I! My amazing sis gave the crib to us as a baby shower gift so I have her to thank for helping this nugget sleep in styleJ
It was super easy to put together- took us less than 20 minutes, and it felt really solid and sturdy.  The white is a nice crisp color and the wheels on the bottom make it easy to move around when I want to vacuum the dust bunnies from under there ( bahh- who am I kidding, I will never do that, but it sounds like something a good mom would do…).  I went with white because the gender of the baby is going to be a surprise, so I figured something clean and simple would be the way to go.
 
*Please note Joey's "If you don't stop taking pics of me I'm just going to make funny faces" face. The boy loves to model, just hates to admit it :)
 The space is pretty tight in the nursery/guestroom, but I was pleased to see that the crib fit right into the little nook that I imagined for it.
 
I ordered the mattress on Amazon that is specifically designed for this style of crib- The Davinci Twilight Ultra Firm Crib Mattress-6”. Apparently the crib is slightly longer than a standard crib, so this mattress is the best fit. At $68 plus free shipping (booya Amazon Prime!) I didn’t break a sweat like I thought I would. I thought the mattress would be relatively expensive since adult size ones can cost an arm and a leg. So under $70 was a pleasant surprise. It is totally waterproof for those lovely middle of the night accidents J
Time to start on the bedding! Of course I plan to DIY that because how hard could it be? If anyone can sew a few rectangles, its this girlJ
Anyone else enjoy the photo-op of their significant other putting together their crib? I feel like that is something I wanted to document for baby’s scrapbook, and thought you might too!
 
XOXO Katie
Best Blogger Tips Pin It

6 comments: