Monday, June 18, 2012

Framing It Up!

Monday came a little quick, eh? Well, hopefully you had a wonderful weekend where ever you are. I can't believe it already June 18th- This summer is flying by!

My weekend was a relaxing one spent at home with the hubs- he was on call but it seems all of Boston likes to spend their weekends out on their boats and not in the hospital. Fine by me!

I wanted to give a little shout out for two important events that happened on Sunday- Fathers Day & my parent's 34th wedding anniversary! Such a great day, I only wish I had been in Chicago to celebrate. Love you both!




And now back to the reveal of my bedroom art project. As I mentioned before I purchased a map from Paper Source that is technically supposed to be wrapping paper. But for a mere $3.95 I decided to frame it up and put it above my dresser. I find it crazy that someone would used this to wrap and gift and then throw it away but to each his own I guess!





I painted an Ikea Ribba frame a pale blue color and then used gold paint to add as little detail to the inner edge (shown the 2nd pic). I love the way it turned out and it ties all the colors of the room together. What do you think?!

There were some stunning paper options at that store. Honestly, I could have spent hours drooling over the amazing variety, and would have if I had not been on a time crunch. Totally like a kid in a candy store in there!



Anyone else frame up some Paper Source goodies? How did you ever choose just one??



XOXO Katie
Best Blogger Tips Pin It

3 comments:

  1. It turned out great! I want to do somethng like this but I'm not the creative/DIY gal (but I really want to be!). This seems easy enough that I shouldn't screw it up too bad. So quick questions, what type of pain did you use?
    Was the map the perfect size for your frame of did you have to do something? How was the process of framing the map?
    Thanks so much for your inspiration!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Gina! I used a regular semigloss paint. I had to do a few coats because it had a hard time binding to the frame. Next time I would probably use a primer first and then the semigloss over it.
      I did not have to make any cuts to the print or the matte- it just happened to fit perfectly in that Ikea frame and the matte came with it. I just taped the print to the back of the matte and voila!

      Delete
  2. Wow- great eye! That looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete