Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Clean Slate

We are staying at my parents new house this week, and I am having fun with my mom trying to help her choose what direction she wants to go in with her decor. They are essentially starting with a clean slate in the living room so I put together this inspiration board based on what colors she is looking to incorporate : washed blue/ aqua, red, beige, a darker wood tone, and gold.


Paint Colors:
SW Dover White & SW Rainwashed Blue


The only pieces that are for sure going to be in the room are the sofa (x2), a mahogany secretary, and my grandmother's painting. You saw another one of her paintings a while back when I did my clay flower vase project - isn't she talented?! That lady has skillzzz :)
The new house does not having a formal living room, so my mom wants to go for an "in-between" style; nice enough to have company over for a dinner party, and comfortable enough for everyday lounging and TV watching.
I am sure my mom will change her mind 50 times over, but so far so good!



XOXO Katie
Best Blogger Tips Pin It

1 comment:

  1. such a nice color palet! i love the teal and red accents!
    come by
    adventuresofthesouthernwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete