Friday, August 17, 2012


I finally got the black Jill Stewart dress that I had ordered from Ebay and loved it! The top was super cute with its strapless, large bow detail.

But the one problem is that I kind of looking like...well...a cupcake going to a funeral :(

The bottom was super poofy and no matter now much I tried to tame the beast it was a losing battle. The tulle that was attached to the lining giving it its body just had to go.

Thankfully, it was a quick fix. I broke out my stitch ripper and went to town removing the tulle stitch by stitch.

It only took 5 minutes and the result was pretty dramatic.

No more cupcake gone wild- This dress is ready to party! For a $30 Ebay purchase I am pretty happy with the end product:)

XOXO Katie
Best Blogger Tips Pin It


  1. I absolutely LOVE the top of the dress! And I agree-- so much better without the tulle!

  2. Lovely dress! Love how you fixed it, looks great!

  3. Great dress! Much better without the tulle.

  4. So much better without all that poof- looks great on you!