I can't even express how honored I was when Jamie for Cows, Corn & Country passed on the Leibster Award to little ol' me! The fact that she would even consider At Home When I'm With You an up & coming blog makes my heart do a little dance!
On the surface, it would seem that Jamie and I don't have too much in common. She is a total farm girl and has her own cattle and crops. The only time I have ever been on a farm was in the 3rd grade and I refused to leave the bus because the smell of cow poop made me gag. But, does my love for a juicy hamburger count as a common thread? I think so :)
Yet under the surface we are like two peas if a pod: we love shopping, social media, our guys are both wranglers- hers is a wrangler of cattle and mine is a wrangler of "D". Did I ever mention my hubs is a urologist? If you don't know what that entails, look it up and you'll understand :) Maybe not at work though...that could get awkward...
Anywayyyy... Thank you again Jamie!
The Liebster is like a hot potato of blog love. Whoever gets it needs to pass it on to five other blogs that they think are up & coming.
So without further adieu (and in no particular order):
1. Sarah M. Dorsey Designs- Check out Sarah's amazing DIY skills and you will be blown away by her eye for design as well as thinking outside (all beige rental apartment) box.
2. Big City Farm Girl- Dana set out to conquer her dream of living in the big apple. She shares her style, yummy recipes, city livin', and trips back to the family farm with her readers.
3. Post College Working Girl- Evie is a southern belle that has a eye for amazing vintage finds. She flips, makes over, and restores retro furniture and accessories that make any estate sale junkie like myself drool.
4. Diaries of Do'ers- Love getting a peek into Hilary's world and seeing what projects, recipes, or fun activities she is up to. Her adorable and girlie style is balanced by her do-it-yourself mentality.
5. My Sister's Suitcase- You will instantly drool over the amazing design of this blog. Nat and Holly not only sisters, but best friends and I can fully relate to having a sis across the country and missing her every day. Not totally an up & coming blog since they have a great following, but new to me so I wanted to show my love!
And now for the fun part- I need to share five random facts about myself. Don't judge me too harshly!
1. I did not get my ears pierced until I was 18 years old and my best friends (you know who you are...) dragged me kicking and screaming to Claire's where I proceeded to cry like a baby while waiting in line behind an 8 year old.
2. I am 100% addicted to FOUNTAIN Diet Coke. Especially from Mickey Ds. I think they put crack in that stuff. I have limited my intake to 12oz a day, but I have been known to pick a restaurant solely on their soda selection, and do it without shame.
3. I still wear my retainer EVERY NIGHT. I had braces twice (my poor parents) and I have a deep seeded fear that if I don't wear my retainer then my teeth will move out of place. Joey loves it...
4. I will be the first to admit that if it was socially acceptable to live in my parents house at the age of 27 I hands down would. I LOVE being at home and there is no other place in the world where I feel more myself and comfortable. I hope that with time that will change, but I guess I have a hard time letting go.
5. In the last three years I have developed a bad habit of talking and doing really weird things in my sleep. I have on occasion pulled all the sheets off the bed and said I needed to clean them because company was coming. Once I screamed "Spider, Spiderrrrr!!!!" at the top of my lungs and completely out of the blue. Keep in mind, I was still wearing my retainer (so hot) which gives me a lisp, so the hubs heard "Stranger, Strangerrrr!!" and he thought we were being robbed... That went over really well....
Thank you again to Jamie for passing on the Leibster love, and I hope these fun facts give you a peek in to the what my world is like.