Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Its The Little Things...

Sometimes its the little details, that not everyone notices right away, that really makes a home beautiful.

I took a walk on Sunday and I passed an old Victorian home in our neighborhood that I had never really noticed before. Something about the way it looked really resonated with me, but it took a few minutes for me to figure out what it was. Then it hit me- this house had a light gray siding, white trim, and BLACK window casings. It was subtle, yet stunning. Maybe the way eyeliner is used to give the eye definition, but not compete with the rest of the face.

This detail has just gone on my "must have" list for my future abode...right next to my garage for mess making :)

 I wish I had has my camera to take a pic, but alas I was too busy burnin' some cals to carry my phone. So I found a few examples of how this small detail can add depth and interest to a room  without taking away from the view.

Via remodelingguy.com
via House Beautiful

[IMG_0598[3].jpg]
via Houzz.com
via Design Manifest
via House Beautiful
via Houzz.com



XOXO Katie


Best Blogger Tips Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! I love your blog (was actually just referencing it because I am taking on a dresser-rehab project!) BUT - I had to comment because my sister just bought the house that you have featured in pic #3!!! I, too, love the black window casings (I'd never seen that before) We will definitely be looking to your blog for some decorating hints :)

    - Molly Fennell

    ReplyDelete