Monday, July 16, 2012

Mid Mod Makeover

I just can't do it....I just can't resist a good furniture flip!

Especially when the piece has a mid century modern vibe to it. If you remember a few months ago I redid this mod dresser that is now doing its duty as a storage unit in our made over closet for Joey's bizillion pairs of scrubs. Pieces from this era are pretty popular in the city so when I spot one with good bones I nab it up, refurbish it, and then sell it on Craigslist for a little cash.

I picked up this side table at the local thrift shop for a whopping $15. It was solid wood, but the top was looking a little tired, but the 60's styles legs were in great shape so I could not resist.


I gave it a quick sanding with my new palm sander (thanks Mom!),  and it was prepped for primer is less than 10 minutes. And yes, I do sand in the middle of my guest room :) Geez, I need a garage ASAP. I never thought that the top item on my future house wish list would be a garage or basement that I can make a mess...


Two coats of primer later and it was ready to go...


I used Benjamin Moore basic white in a semi gloss finish. The roller worked best for a smooth and even finish. Since the lines were straight and simple, it took only about an hour to do two coats.

I left the drawer in the natural wood finish because it was the only part that was still in great shape, so I just gave it a good cleaning to shine it up.

All done!





XOXO Katie
Best Blogger Tips Pin It

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! especially love that you kept the drawer unpainted. You have such a great eye! Teach me your tricks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I saw a dresser on pinterest like that a loved that I could go a mini version!

      Delete
  3. This is amasing! It would look so good in our home, to bad I live al the way in Holland (Europe)! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! So cool to hear that people over the "big pond" are reading AHWIWY!!

      Delete